Friday, October 24, 2014

It's here! Final version of the new Cheechako cover

Several of you have written to ask, "what's become of the third Cheechako Series cover? I'm happy to say I have it in my hot little hands. The cover, painted by noted cover artist, Jesse Joshua Watson, turned out very well, and I'm excited to see it on the book ... which is now officially called "Musher!" Yes, with the exclamation mark.

So here it is!


And just for fun, here's an earlier comp ... with the name not quite right.


Did you know that these cover paintings are actually about two-feet square? I didn't until fairly recently when Jesse gifted me the original painting for the first book. Here it is in scale.


This may be more than you ever wanted to know about book covers, but for me, a writer who spends endless hours ... usually in the early morning, making this stuff up out of my head, the chance to see details of it realized through the filter of another's creativity is pretty darned exciting.

The new book is about a month out, in edit now. Yes, we did just miss the Christmas rush. Sigh. Oh well, for those of you looking for Christmas gifts for the readers (and teachers) in your family, check out Cheechako and Float Monkeys ... also Indecent Exposure, an adult book for you mystery fiends.

Here's the link. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=node%3D154606011&field-keywords=jonathan+thomas+stratman


Thanks for reading.





No comments:

Post a Comment